Apply for Geran Khas Prihatin (GKP) RM3000 for PKS starting from 1 May 2020. This good news is for PKS (small to medium) micro business owners that need assistance during this Perintah Kawalan Pergerakan (PKP) or also know as Movement Control Order (MCO) due to Covid-19
For your information, the Malaysian Financial Ministry announced a special assistance which is Geran Khas Prihatin (GKP) totalling RM2.1 billion for small to average and micro businesses that are qualified under the Pakej Rangsangan Ekonomi Prihatin Rakyat. YB Tengku Dato’ Sri Zafrul Aziz added that this package will be managed by Lembaga Hasil Dalam Negeri (LHDN)
Businesses that are eligible will be given RM3,000.00 per person/company. This assistance will benefit almost 700,00 PKS micro vendors all over Malaysia.
Besides this GKP, the government has also announced the wages subsidy from PERKESO.
GKP is a one off financial assistance for Perusahaan Kecil & Sederhana (PKS – small & medium) and micro businesses.
- Person applying must be a Malaysian
- Person applying must be running a PKS (Small to Medium) micro business that is as below:
- Total sales yearly is less than rm300,000.00
- Total worker is less than 5 person. Not including owner.
- Business must be registered in Lembaga Hasil Dalam Negeri Malaysia (LHDNM) or Pihak Berkuasa Tempatan (PBT) or Suruhuanjaya Syarikat Malaysia (SSM) before or by 31 December 2019.
- Business is actively ongoing during application.
- Information is correct and crossed checked with appointed agency by the Malaysian Financial Ministry
If approved, the grant is RM3,000.00 which will be paid one-off.
How to Apply
Application can be made online via the GKP Portal https://gkp.hasil.gov.my prepared by LHDNM. Manual application will not be accepted. Application for GKP starts from 1 May 2020 to 15 May 2020.
Check your status
Person applying can check the application results starting from the first week of June 2020. Person applying must register an account before applying for GKP. This account will be used to check the status of your application.
Mode of payment
Payment will be credited into the person applying bank account. Bank account must be active.