Water and Electricity Bill Discounts under
Special Assistance Package Sarawakku Sayang COVID-19
In Sarawak’s efforts to mitigate the impact of COVID-19 pandemic and protect the well-being of the rakyat, the Sarawak Government has initiated Pakej Bantuan Khas Sarawakku Sayang through 16 proactive measures. One of the measures is providing discounts for water and electricity billing consumptions.
2.0 PERIOD OF DISCOUNT
Six (6) months effective from 1st April 2020 until 30th September 2020.
3.0 IMPLEMENTATION BY UTILITIES
The discounts for water bills will be implemented by Jabatan Bekalan Air Luar Bandar Sarawak (JBALB), Kuching Water Board (KWB), Sibu Water Board (SWB) and LAKU Management Sdn Bhd whereas the discounts for electricity bills will be implemented by Sarawak Energy Berhad.
4.0 WATER BILL DISCOUNTS
Domestic (Households with existing RM 5 subsidy)
- For any water bills under domestic accounts, the discount of 25% is only applicable on the balance after deduction of free water subsidy with amount less than or equal to 00, whichever is applicable.
- Water bill discounts are not applicable for industries in Samajaya and Samalaju Industrial
5.0 ELECTRICITY BILL DISCOUNTS
Commercial (6 identified sectors)
· Hotels Operator
· Travel and Tour Agency
· Shopping Mall/ Complex
· Convention and Exhibition Centre
· Theme Parks
· Local Airlines
Commercial (Excluding the 6 selected sectors)
Industrial I1* & I2**
* Indusrial I1 – Industrial customers with appliesd load less than 1.5MVA.
** Industial I2 – Customers on industrial bussiness with applied load more than 1.5MVA. Without peak and off peak, billed with Maximum Demand / Contract Demand charges.
*** Industrial I3 – Customers on industrial bussiness (operating 24 hours) with applied load more than 1.5MVA. With peak and off peak, billed with Maximum Demand / Contract Demand charges.
6.0 DISCOUNTED AMOUNT
The discounted amount will be shown in the bills.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS ELECTRICITY AND WATER BILL DISCOUNTS UNDER
BANTUAN KHAS SARAWAKKU SAYANG COVID-19
1.What is the effective period for the electricity and water discount?
The discounts for electricity and water are given for a period of six months from 1 April until 30 September
2. Which customer categories are eligible for the discounts?
The eligible customer categories are:
Domestic – D
Private dwelling purposes with no commercial or industrial activities in such premises.
C1, C2 & C3
Premises with commercial or trading activities.
Industrial – I1, I2 & I3
Premises with industrial activities e.g. processing factory, where 80% is machine load and 20% is normal load.
All dwelling houses and barracks with individual meters for each household and all religious institutions and places of worship
Premises with occupational license to do general trading business with owner living in the same premises
Premises with occupational license for restaurants, coffee-shops, sundry shops, commercial offices, bakeries, hotel, cinemas, army and police camps, swimming pools, hospitals
Building and premises with occupational license for purposes such as industry, factories, brick kilos, manufacturing business, food processing, sawmills, palm oil mills, power stations
3. What are the rates of discount for electricity and water?
For electricity, the rates are as follows:
Rate of Discount*
Domestic – D
Commercial – C1, C2 & C3
Industrial – I1 & I2
Industrial – I3
* Inclusive of discounts announced by the Federal Government.
For water, the rates are as follows:
Rate of Discount*
Domestic / Commercial
* Industries located in Samajaya, Kuching and Samalaju, Bintulu areas are exempted from receiving water bill discount.
4. Will I get the discount for electricity or water consumption in March 2020 where the respective bills are issued in April?
Only consumption in April will be given the discount which will be pro-rated accordingly. However, if the bill issued in April is for consumption until 31 March 2020, no discount will be given.
5. Am I entitled for the discounts for other premises if I have more than one account for electricity or water?
Yes, you are entitled for the discounts under the relevant categories for all the electricity or water accounts registered with the respective utilities.
6. Are the electricity and water discounts given automatically?
Yes, you will receive the discount automatically and this will be printed in the respective bills.
7. Do I need to verify to be eligible for the electric or water discount?
The electric or water discount will be computed automatically in the respective bills for all eligible consumers.
8. How do I get 25% water discount even though I get RM5 subsidy?
For any water bills under domestic accounts, the discount of 25% is only applicable on the balance after deduction of the free water subsidy with amount less than or equal to 00, whichever is applicable.